A region where all citizens have access to affordable housing.
We will provide housing alternatives to citizens in need within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Specifically:
- Provide GAP and/or social housing and related services to Wood Buffalo residents, including seniors, low and middle income families, and the homeless.
- Develop and/or manage GAP housing communities.
- Administer provincial housing subsidy programs.
- Provide people with the opportunity to establish themselves on “more solid economic footing” within the community.
- Deliver assistance and training programs to social housing clients to help them obtain greater independence.
- Resourcefully develop and manage projects that are aligned with our expertise and capacity, and supported by a sound “triple bottom line” business case: g., social housing, seniors housing, commercial projects, and revenue generating projects to enhance self-sufficiency.
- Accountability – Taking responsibility for our actions.
- Collaboration – Working in partnership with others to achieve common goals.
- Innovation – Fostering creativity and taking reasonable risks.
- Integrity – Being honest and ethical in all that we do.
- Learning – Promoting opportunities for continued growth.
- Respect – Treating all employees and stakeholders with dignity and respect and recognize excellence.
- Safety – Ensuring a healthy and safe environment for tenants and employees.
- Transparency – Being open about our business practices.
- Recognize and reward loyalty, commitment and contributions to the Corporation.
- Clearly define roles, responsibilities, decision-making authority and accountabilities.
- Expect leaders to lead by example and make informed, principle-based and timely decisions that are in the best interests of the Corporation.
- Encourage leaders to build on strengths and to celebrate successes and accomplishments.
- Use a strategic management approach to lead the organization, including a shared vision, clear strategic goals, measurable outcomes and supporting strategies.
- Make decisions about products, services and other deliverables based upon sound business principles.
- Keep informed relative to our market place and trends that may affect our business.
- Use accurate and timely information management and reporting systems to support all aspects of the business.
- Align the allocation of resources with strategic business plan priorities and measure organizational performance against the plan.